Friday, October 17, 2008

School can be hard!

Hey yall, 

School has been exhausting. It turns out graduate school is hard, who knew? :-) School is really interesting. It is kind of fun to focus only on healthcare, but very different than my undergrad. I used to be able to take a break every so often with easier classes; in this program everything ties together and there really aren't breaks. 

I got sick this week. It's my own fault, moving to Minnesota means colder weather than Texas. And I think I got too cold... I can't wait for summer again! 

Halloween is coming up! Apparently my program is really big on Halloween! The first years throw the party for the second years. And I'm on the social committee! It should be a lot of fun; I know my costume already... but I can't say. It's a secret. A big secret. The kind of secret where I could get a dead fish in my mailbox for spilling. So I can't say. But in two weeks... I will share! 

I'm super excited about the Presidential race coming to an end. I feel like I've been following all this political jargon for so long now... and it would be nice to bring this whole thing to a close. Obviously, I want my party to win. However, I've become so immune and apathetic to all the ads and speeches, I'm just glad for it be over soon. 

My three friends are doing really well. They just rock at everything. It's kind of cool to have a little group of people that care about me so much, when I got sick this week they were really supportive. They have helped me look at life a little differently; with such big hearts they are very giving, considerate people. These girls are the kind of people that you meet that you just know are going to make a profound impact on your life and on so many others. They make me a better person. 

I made a wonderful decision coming to Minnesota for grad school. It's the best decision I've ever made academically, but the people around me are making a huge impact on me. I really didn't think that would happen, but I guess I just got lucky. 

Amanda 

No comments: